Monday, May 23, 2005

Oath of office

There were certainly bigger changes swirling through our city government last week. However, with little ado, standing in my office on the fourth floor of City Hall on Friday afternoon, I had the honor of raising my right hand and repeating the oath of office as administered to me by City Clerk Frank Martinez. I inscribed my name in the Oath Book for the second time, and was sworn in to office for my second term of City Councilmember, 13th District, City of Los Angeles, California.

I would like to celebrate with all of you all that we've accomplished together during my first term, and I'd also like to take the opportunity to set our sights on what we can accomplish in another four years. I will hold a public swearing-in ceremony on June 26th, and I hope you can join me. Mark it in your calendar today. As soon as I have a time and location, I'll let you know.

Frank Martinez

...to uphold the Constitution of the United States