Wednesday, July 01, 2009

New term

Today the City of Los Angeles celebrated the inauguration of our Mayor, City Attorney, and City Controller, and certain City Councilmembers (about half of the council seats were up for election this year).


I'm thrilled and humbled to serve my community for another term on the City Council. As I said at my community swearing-in celebration last night, even as we face our most difficult challenges in a generation. I have hope and belief in strong summers ahead, of stories to be written and lived, of the Los Angeles we reach for each day of our lives.

In the next four years, let us be guided by the love of our city, tenacious work to move us forward, and the hope that has inspired generations of Angelenos to protect and preserve this promise for all who are here today and all who will follow.