Tomorrow night, join the Echo Park Historical Society and the Echo Park Film Center for film night at Echo Park Lake. The free screenings will begin at 7 p.m. in the northern section of the park near the bridge and will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the opening of the first film studio in Edendale.
All are invited to bring snacks and a blanket and enjoy an evening of silent films under the stars. The line-up of films includes:
- Making A Living (an early Charlie Chaplin film shot in Echo Park; see photo still from film)
- Mabel's Married Life (starring Chaplin and Mabel Normand)
- Barney Oldfield's Race for a Life (starring Normand and Mack Sennett)
- A Muddy Romance (starring Normand and Keystone Kops)
- The Cinema Director (starring Harold Lloyd)
- Law and the Outlaw (starring Tom Mix)