Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Suspect arrested and charged in Echo Park/Glassell Park shootings

Today I joined Chief Bratton and Councilmember Huizar in announcing that an arrest has been made in the Echo Park and Glassell Park homicides that occured on Sunday evening. The suspect is a documented gang member who has been booked for murder with bail set at $1 million.


As a resident of Echo Park who lives not far from where these shootings happened, I want to reaffirm to my neighbors that I am committed to the safety of our communities. I'm proud that earlier this week, we announced that LAPD reached a departmental record for the number of officers deployed. And I want to thank the officers whose hard work and expertise led to this arrest. We'll keep working to make Los Angeles the safest big city in America.