Wednesday, January 07, 2009

LAPD Olympic Station inspection

Los Angeles's crime rate dropped again last year and LAPD Chief Bratton has committed to aggressively working to reduce it even further in 2009. I'll be working to support the LAPD by ensuring we provide the department with the resource it needs to protect and serve our neighborhoods.

This morning, I attended the formal inspection at the brand new Olympic Station. I'm excited that this facility will help our department better serve neighborhoods in the Central part of our city, including East Hollywood in my Council District. And as wonderful as the new building is, I'm even more grateful to the men and women of the LAPD -- both those who wear the badge and those who do not -- who are working there, helping to make our neighborhoods safer.