Tuesday, November 18, 2008

City Resource Center now open at Belmont High School

Since I've served on the City Council I've worked to engage community members in their own neighborhoods and bring government closer to them.


I'm proud to announce that my office has partnered with Belmont High School to open a City Resource Center on campus. The center is open Monday through Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and is operated by members of of my staff.

My hope is that having a resource center on the Belmont High campus will make it more convenient for students, parents, teachers, and others in the neighborhood to connect with city services. There may be a student who is interested in getting blue recycling bins for her apartment or a parent who wants to know more about the Cash for College program – now there will be someone on campus who can help connect them with these resources.

I want to thank Belmont High School principal Mr. Gary Yoshinobu for being a great partner in opening the City Resource Center.