Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shane and Monica are Wed



Shane-Monica Wedding
Photo courtesy of LAist

This morning at Los Angeles City Hall, I officiated the wedding of my friends Monica Granados and Shane Goldsmith, who met when they were both working in my office in 2004. While I also officiated the union of this couple in 2006, the state of California now recognizes the right of same-sex couples to affirm their love and commitment to each other, and Monica and Shane are now legally united under California law. I am greatly honored that Monica and Shane asked me to take part in their wedding, and proud that California has pledged to protect the equal rights of all citizens by legalizing same-sex marriage. I offer Monica and Shane my congratulations, and best wishes for their life together (photo courtesy of LAist).