Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Take back Lemon Grove Park

Last week, a young man was tragically murdered in Lemon Grove Park by a suspected gang member. The victim was playing basketball when the gang member missed his intended target and hit this young man instead. I would like you to join me next Saturday, October 15th, to reclaim the park as a place for our community to gather, eat, and play. A park full of people is a safe park.

At the same event, we will honor our UNTAG Block Captains who have helped reduce graffiti in CD13 by 62% in one year.

Bring your families and enjoy an afternoon in the park. Food and beverages will be provided. It will be a great opportunity for you and me to get to know each other better.

RSVP by emailing or calling Arsen in my field office, (323) 913-4693, before Wednesday, October 13th.

Saturday, October 15th, 2:30-4:00PM
Lemon Grove Park in Hollywood
4959 Lemon Grove Ave.

I hope to see you there.