Thursday, January 21, 2010

The State of Hollywood in 2010

This afternoon I'm giving my 9th State of Hollywood speech at a luncheon organized by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. This is one of my favorite annual events because it gives our Hollywood community an opportunity to pause and reflect on what we've been able to accomplish together, and what we still can and need to do.


Despite the economic recession, Hollywood chugging along in 2009. We saw the opening of more than 30 new shops and restaurants. We celebrated the arrival of hundreds of new housing opportunities. And we continued to prepare for the opening of major projects that are about to come online, such as the W Hotel and Residences and the long-anticipated repairs to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I'll be talking about these things and more.

I hope to see you there!