Friday, March 28, 2008

A few days afloat

I'm currently afloat the USS Ronald Reagan as part of my naval duty. The ship is currently underway conducting carrier operations. The ship is an amazing vessel--it is a working airfield above a city of some 3000+ individuals.

As a policymaker, I have noticed the great recycling program onboard, the efficient upkeep of the ship, and expertise with which the public employees that make up the United States Navy dispatch their duties.

Because the ship is named after Ronald Reagan, I was particularly pleased to see a lot of California artwork and memorabilia around the ship. I even found a mini-"Walk of Fame" onboard that has Hollywood Blvd.-like stars embedded with actors' names in one of the passageways. Even at sea, Hollywood is always close-by! See you soon.