Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Here's something new

Next Monday night, March 27, at 8 pm, I'll be appearing as a special guest on Robin Johnstone's half of "The Blank Blank Show" at Improv Olympic West on Hollywood Boulevard. Bill Cody, a friend who has his own segment that night, thought it would be a fun way to create some interaction between local government and the audience for live comedy. And I'm a strong believer in having local government use different forms of communication—hence my appreciation for blogging.

The show is an offshoot of the Improv Olympic's popular Thursday night Big News Show. I've been told that the format is somewhere in the neighborhood between The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. If you'd like to see your councilmember in uncharted territory, tickets are available at iowest.com and at the door. My colleague from the great 10th District, Councilmember Herb Wesson, was a stand-up comedian in a former career; for my part, I will simply be sitting for a live interview with Robin, the host.